None of the following is simple or immediate.
None of the following will happen all the time.
There will be backtracks.
And that’s okay. Keep going forward.
- Wear and/or reveal what you want to wear and/or reveal. If people talk, address them politely, but firmly. If they continue to talk, shut them down. If they yet persist, cut them from your life. There are no exceptions. My policy is “you will show respect or you will be removed, there are no alternatives.”
- The above includes makeup, clothing, lingerie, and all other items.
- In all styles, fashions, colors, genres, etc.
- Separate out “health” when it comes to weight. A non-doctor: “You could lose some weight” is an asshole. Do not listen to this person. They do not have a valid concern.
A doctor: “You could lose some weight, I’m worried about [medical issue that is severely affecting your life]” has a valid concern. Decide how important your health is to you, and act accordingly with this information in tow. You are now making an informed choice.
- Do not buy or read blogs, magazines, comments, etc. that target your insecurities. You are the editor of your life. Cut out the garbage and all that isn’t useful.
- "Guilty pleasure" is a marketing term used to get you to buy the thing you feel "guilty" about, then buy more things to absolve yourself of said "guilt". Do not feel guilty about your pleasures.
- Do not. Feel guilty. About. Your pleasures.
- You will not be everyone’s type — body, attitude, whatever. That’s fine. You aren’t alive in service of other folk anyway. Be your own type. Not knowing what your own “type” means you research and experimentation. Take what you like, reject what you don’t. I’m the world’s worst, most colorfully dressed, grinning fool of a gothy-bastard. Whenever anyone tries to take away the filaments of personality I call “goth,” I have my pet raven peck the shit out of them.
- Accept criticism that is useful. Reject critics that are not.
- Drink more water.
^ a thousand times the guilty pleasure comment. Fuck anyone who makes you feel bad about the things you love.